Guest Posting Guidelines
We would love for you to write for us!
Artists Underground is an artists-run arts activism website focused on connection, cross-promotion and collaboration amongst the arts. We are interested in content that educates, inspires and promotes independent and local artists and the arts both locally and around the world.
We are interested in content written from an artist’s perspective. We seek articles that will teach our readers how to better navigate their artistic careers. We are very open to new article features and column ideas. So if you have something you would like to share that you don’t see highlighted below, let us know!
Reviews – Venues, Artists, Websites, Bookstores, Galleries, Theatres, Comedy Spots…
Artist Features & Spotlights – Independent Bands, Fine Artists, Poets, Musicians, Photographers, Comedians, Filmmakers, Performers, Craftsmen & Artisans
Informational & Educational Articles – How To, The Business of Art, Marketing, Networking, Motivation, Discipline, Getting Started, Tips & Tutorials
Resources for Artists – Websites, Apps & Software, Stores & Vendors, Magazines, Books, Groups, Blogs
– Previously published material okay, though original material is preferred. Please let us know if the article has been previously published.
– Must be your own original material.
– Once posted here, you are encouraged to promote your article on your website/blog and social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. and to link back to our site to let your readers know about the article.
– Article content must be in the above or similar category.
– Title: The title should express exactly what the article is about and may contain up to 65 characters. If we feel a different title would better express the article and would be more buzz-worthy we may change the title. Our goal is to get as many eyes on the article as possible.
– Article text: Break into paragraphs and try bullets or numbers lists to get better copy. Minimum 300 and maximum 1200 words accepted.
– Images: If you have an image that you own copyright to, you may submit this. In submitting us the image you grant us use of that image for the purpose of this post and the promotion of this post. If you do not have an image, we will provide one.
– Author Byline: We require up to 3 lines of bio about the author with one link to your website/blog. You may also add 2 of your social media links.
– Articles 300-500 words may include one (1) hyperlink in the body of the article. Link must be relevant and helpful to our audience and may not be to sell a product or to any spamming web page. Link must be below the fold (fold = halfway point within the article).
– Articles 500-1200 may include 2 relevant, useful hyperlinks. One link can be above the fold and one below.
How to Submit
Send articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to read them!